Business Controller - Spares & Service Revenue
HBO/Post-HBO/Universiteit (WO) | Consumentenartikelen (handel en reparatie) | Amsterdam | 40 uur/week
Organisatie- en afdelingsomschrijvingThe Spares & Service Revenue Controller is responsible for producing accurate monthly reports and financial analysis on the overall revenue of service and spares, including spare parts, Extended Warranty and Out of Warranty revenue, of the Service department of EMEAR. In addition the Spares & Service Revenue Controller is responsible for the preparation of the business plan and forecasts of the revenue.
Functie omschrijvingAfter Sales Revenue Controlling:
• Check that revenue related to sales of spares parts and Extended Warranty contracts (Coverplus) and of revenue related to Out of Warranty activities has been booked correctly.
•Provide guidelines and ensuring correct financial postings in line with IFRS standards
• Month end budget/forecast versus actual reporting & analysis for the After Sales Revenue of the EMEAR and regional P&L:
- Prepare monthly reports with comments and explanation by territory / region, division level and at EMEAR level for the EMEA Service & Support Director, VP’s and management.
- Update and analyse After Sales P&L and continuously monitor the profitability of EMEAR After Sales, providing reports with comments and explanation to relevant stakeholders in EMEAR and to SEC.
- Prepare ad hoc reports as and when requested by BU/Region/Function owners with financial information and analysis over areas they are responsible for.
- Provide support for decision making by measuring the impact of different scenarios
Business Plan and Forecast:
• Prepare budget and forecasts and support the EMEA Service & Support Director by providing information for action. Ensure FC / BP group requirements are met following the right validation and appropriate review of the revenue for all EMEAR regions:
- Prepare budgets and quarterly forecasts in cooperation with the Business / Region / Function owners in Sales and Back Office
- Collect budget input, challenge and validate data and input correct budget data with a justification for changes. Organise sign off of budget by Revenue owners
• Ensure financial recordings for all spares and service revenue across EMEAR are accurate and according to IFRS and EFAS standards.
• Work with Legal to ensure that warranty provisions are valid and that the service provided by EMEAR responsible territories is within EMEAR’s warranty policy and in line with local legal requirements
• Review and update service accounting policies and procedures to be in line with the current business together with Finance Operations department
•Support European Audit & J-Sox department on audits and review of service processes across EMEAR to ensure compliance with J-Sox and company policies
Functie eisen• Master degree in Finance or Accounting or Bachelor degree with ability to work and interact at Master degree level
• Good commercial Finance experience
• Demonstrable working knowledge of IFRS
• Proven analytical skills, preferably in an international environment
• Proven experience in improvement of business processes
• Experience with warranties or after sales activities is beneficial
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel
• Experience with SAP and reporting tools
• Ability to set and meet to strict deadlines
• Service orientated with customer focus, stress resistant, innovative and able to resolve issues / problems in an efficient and logical manner
• Fluent in English, verbally and in writing